How to measure the alicantina blinds: step by step
The alicantine blinds are one of the popular optionsespecially on doors and balconies in the Mediterranean area; in this area post we show you how to measure alicantine blinds quickly and easily.
How to measure alicantine blinds: 3 possible installations
The alicantine blinds, like the ones you can find in our online storeare highly recommended for protect your home from inclement weather, such as wind, rain or sun. Here's how measuring alicantine blindsstep by step, quickly and easily:
- Measure width and heightThe width of the eyebolts should be 10 centimeters wide and between 15 and 18 centimeters high; then you have to place the eyebolts, with a distance of between 7 and 10 centimeters.
- DrillPut in the pliers and leave 2 centimeters of distance between the blind and the floor.
- Place the eyeboltsYou must put them closed, on the upper spine; you must mark where the open eyebolts go and drill. Then you must place them on the wall and hang the blind.
However, in depending on the type of installationIn order to guarantee the best results, the measurement of the alicantina blind must be carried out in a certain way.
Covering a passageway without a door or window
If what you want is not to cover a door or window, what you want is to cover a passage from one room to another, you should know that the way to measure the blinds is very particular; for this, the first thing you have to do is measure the width of the hole you want to cover up.
To do so, you must use a metallic meterFor greater accuracy, and add 10 centimeters; in this way, you can leave 5 centimeters on each side. When you have measured the width, you can measure the height of the shaft and add 25 centimeters, so that it rolls up and fits the space.
Finally, you must leave between 1.5 and 2 centimeters in the lower partThe shutter should be positioned so that it does not rub against the floor, to avoid damage. It is also important to keep in mind that you should place the eyebolts at a distance of 7 to 10 centimeters from the upper end of the blind, to compensate for the weight and facilitate operation.
Cover the window or door completely
Unlike the previous one, this time if you have a door or window that you must protect; to make the measurement of the alicantina blind, you must measure the widthincluding the frame, and add 10 centimeters. In this way, you get that each side comes out 5 centimeters and you will be able to protect the space and the frame.
At the time of measure the heightIf you have to add 25 centimeters; this way, you get that when you roll up the blind it fits perfectly. You should also leave between 1.5 and 2 centimeters of space at the bottom, to prevent the blind from rubbing against the floor or the base of the window.
The eyebolts must also have the same space as before, between 7 and 10 centimeters from the upper end of the blind. As you can see the measurement of an alicantina blind to cover a door or window completely is the same as if this space does not have this frame. The only difference is that, in the first case, the frame must also be measured, while in the second case it is not necessary.
Covering the window by recessing the blind into the space
Another option to install the alicantine blinds is when they are intended for a space and, for this, the installation is done by embedding this product in the available openingwhether for a door or a window.
To measure it, the first thing you must do is to measure the widthThis time, you should do it in 3 different parts, to avoid unevenness. If the measurements are different, you should take the narrowest and add 2 centimeters, so that there is 1 cm on each of the sides.
Once you know the width you need, the next step is to measure the heightTo do this, you must measure the interior gap and add 2 centimeters to the result obtained, making it protrude 1 centimeter at the top and 1 centimeter at the bottom, preventing it from rubbing on the floor or the base of the window. It is also important to note that the eyebolts must be placed at a distance of 1 cm from the window. distance between 7 and 10 centimetersThis favors compensation and avoids possible problems.
How to measure the outside and inside of the window shutters
In addition to the type of installation you want, the location of the alicantina blinds is also very important; therefore, we show you below how to measure them outside and inside the hole.
- External installationYou should measure the window opening horizontally and then add 3 to 5 centimeters; when measuring the height, you should add 25 centimeters to the available opening.
- Installation insidecan be rolled up and unrolled without rubbing and covering the entire space; you must measure the width and height and remove 1 centimeter on each side.
Tips for choosing the best alicantina blinds
Don't know which alicantina shutter to choose? Here are some of them tips that can help you:
- MaterialsThe blinds must be manufactured with the best quality materials, as they are located outdoors and must withstand all weather conditions; therefore, in our online store we offer you the best alicantinas blinds on the market.
- MeasuresYou must take them correctly, to avoid possible inconveniences and to guarantee that your alicantine blinds are 100% effective, because if you fall short it is possible that insects, dust or pollen enter your home through those small cracks.
- Useare designed to be picked up and spread out on a daily basis, making them ideal for walk-through areas.
In short, measuring the alicantinas shutters is a simple process It won't take you more than a few minutes; moreover, doing so will allow you to know, with total accuracy, what are the exact dimensions of the Alicante shutters you want. What are you waiting for to get yours?