How to measure window for roll-up mosquito netting
In this post, we tell you how to measure a window for roll-up mosquito netting quickly, easily and simply. So pay attention to the instructions and tips we show you today to keep mosquitoes away from your home.
If you are also wondering how to keep flies out of the housethese systems will be of great help to you.
Tips for measuring the roller mosquito screen
First of all, we would like to give you a series of recommendations on how to measure your window for roll-up mosquito net:
- The first thing you should know is that roller mosquito nets are installed:
- Between the blind and the window sash.
- In the external area of the house, behind the shutter.
- Do not use sewing metersare less reliable than metal ones.
- Take measurements in millimeters.
- The roll-up mosquito net is an accessory that is placed in a existing hole. Therefore, you will have to base the measurements on the site where it is to be installed.
- Check that the surface on which the roller mosquito net is placed is large enough to fit it.
- Check that nothing gets in the way for a correct installation and proper functioning of your custom-made roller mosquito screen.
In this way, you will avoid making unwanted blunders.
How to measure the width of the roll-up mosquito screen
Measure the top width where the head is to be placed.. Then subtract 3 millimeters if the installation is on the wall or 2 millimeters if it is on the aluminum or PVC of the window.
How to measure the height of the roll-up insect screen
The window may be uneven. So, to measure the height accurately, take as a reference at several points at the top of the opening where you want to install the screen. Keep the smaller size.
- Left side: 1,200mm
- Central part: 1,202mm
- Right side: 1.201mm
In this case, the correct measurement would be 1,200mm.
Invisible closing position
The long part of the invisible fastener will always be located at the back part of the screen guide. In other words, in the area opposite the handles you use to raise and lower the screen.
Head selection according to frame width
The numbering of the head corresponds to the lateral space required for its installation. In other words, its thickness. The thicker it is, the more capacity it will have for fabric rolled up inside.
- 33 mm head: up to 140 cm.
- 35 mm head: up to 240 cm.
- Head of 42 mm: up to 240 cm.
- 45mm head: up to 280cm.
- 43 mm head: up to 170cm.
- Head 54 mm: up to 250 cm.
The split roll-up insect screen allows for widths of up to 360 cm.
Choosing and ordering the perfect insect screen
This step is very simple: find the roll-up mosquito net you need (according to your taste, budget, etc.), provide the measurements taken and place your order.
Installation Guide for the Roller Mosquito Net Model
Once you have your screen at home, the first thing you'll need to do is attach it to the wall. Present the screen in place and drill or screw it in place.
Then, snap the sockets onto the bottom of the guides.
Next, insert the upper part of the guide into the housing on the end of the roller screen. Afterwards, screw the guides to the building site or carpentry with their corresponding screws.
Finally, adjust the screws of the guide base. The holes of the socket have to be tightened with the tab on the top of the terminal. In this way, the smaller ones are secured (against impact).
If you need us to clarify any doubts about how to measure your window for roll-up insect screenRemember that you can contact us without any problem. In case this post has been helpful for you, we invite you to read how to dismantle a roll-up window screen.