All about adhesive Velcro for mosquito nets
For install our insect screenwe can also use adhesive Velcro. This element, in many occasions, can be used to fix some object in the home or in our business and we do not want to spoil the surface with screws or nails. And, of course, also the mosquito nets, which need a product that guarantees its fastening in a durable and safe way. And that is why today we are talking about adhesive velcro for mosquito nets.
Adhesive Velcro is the ideal option for attaching any element related to this product, as it can be stuck to almost any surface and does not leave any residue or damage. Its fixing power comes from a pressure system that helps to achieve greater fixing strength, as well as guaranteeing durability, resistance and is easy to apply and remove.
What is adhesive Velcro for insect screens?
A adhesive Velcro is a tape with a type of fastening and a very simple and resistant mechanism. It can be used on all types of surfaces and has a pressure locking system by means of the part with tiny hooks, which are very hard and flexible making both sides adhere strongly to support the weight.
Advantages of using adhesive Velcro for insect screens
When we are looking for a product that achieves good adhesion and is easy to use, we can opt for the adhesive velcro for mosquito netsIt has the characteristics of being very resistant and durable, ideal for use in almost any situation. With this in mind, we introduce you to the advantages of Velcro:
- It is made of quality materials to last for a long time.
- They are simple and quick to use, as they are easy to attach and remove without difficulty without leaving any residue or damage.
- It is effective, since it allows to fix elements without having to use screws or nails.
- They are resistant to high temperatures and inclement weather.
- It can be used on many types of surfaces, whether aluminum, wood, plastic or PVC, glass, stainless steel or polyester, among others. The surface must be clean, dry and free of grease.
Disadvantages of using Velcro for mosquito nets
Its main disadvantage in the use in mosquito nets is its durabilityThe reason for this is not because of the fabric itself, but because of the fixing strip, the glue it contains. It is possible that, if you often use these doors and windows, you will have to change the screen every "X" time.
For this reason, they are recommended for infrequently frequented entrances and windows, such as those of vacation homes. It is also important to change the Velcro from time to time to guarantee the fastening and prevent the mosquito net from detaching when you least expect it.
How to attach adhesive Velcro for insect screens to a window?
You can purchase custom-made mosquito netting and customize each mosquito netting to the windows of your home. The installation may vary depending on whether you are creating screens for aluminum or wood windows.
If you do not want to make things more complicated, you can directly purchase adhesive mosquito nets. They can be found in various sizes and colors that adapt well to the windows of your home. Although it is the simplest and cheapest way, you will not be able to put it back again and again because the glue does not stick again; on the contrary, with a Velcro mosquito net you will not have that problem.
Below, we explain the steps to assemble your mosquito net with adhesive velcro:
- First, measure the width and length of the window by taking measurements on the frame.
- To calculate the measurement, simply add up the entire contour of the window to find out how many meters of Velcro you need.
- Before attaching the Velcro, clean the entire frame and dry thoroughly to ensure that the adhesive sticks properly.
- Cut the Velcro tape to the calculated size on each side and attach it to the surface. Make sure it is well fixed to the base of the window. To adhere well, you can use an applique to squeeze the area and make sure it sticks tightly.
- Or you can start at the corners and apply the Velcro with light pressure in case you need to rectify and then, once squared, pass your hand or an object with force to secure the glue.
- Then glue the curtain to both sides of the window and press outwards so that the mesh is completely smooth and adhered to the Velcro.
- Remove the excess material with a cutter or scissors and you have it ready.
In Mosquitera24h we give you the best advice on how to use adhesive velcro for mosquito nets and much more.
Leave a reply