What attracts mosquitoes?
Have you ever wondered what attracts mosquitoes? Although the best way to combat them is with a sliding insect screenFor example, it is important to know what not to do to get their attention.
Things that most attract mosquitoes from us
So what do these bugs like?
- Among the things that attract mosquitoes is blood. Apparently, these insects consider blood to be one of the things that attract mosquitoes. type "0" blood more succulent than type "A" blood (mosquitoes can guess your type because people emit certain substances that give it away).
- Also, if you are wondering what attracts mosquitoes, another answer is mosquitoes. beer drinkers. Ingesting this liquid encourages them to bite you, so abstain from this drink if you don't want to be bitten.
- The pregnant women are another of their prey, as mosquitoes bite twice as many women when they are pregnant. The reason is believed to be that, during the last phase of pregnancy, women exhale 21% more volume. And these bugs are attracted to moisture and carbon dioxide.
- You wanted an excuse not to play sports? Congratulations! According to entomologist Phil Koehler of the University of Florida, the exercise is something that attracts mosquitoes (up to 50% more), as athletes breathe and sweat more.
Strong and sweet scents also provoke mosquitoes. So take care of your hygiene to avoid sweating or bad foot odor. Likewise, avoid sweet colognes or soaps.
Colors that attract mosquitoes
There are certain colors that attract mosquitoes. These would be the dark tonesThey are more visible to them than lighter colors. First, they are attracted to black and, secondly, to red.
Gray and blue are neutrals for these critters, whereas green and yellow are the most displeasing colors to mosquitoes.
Plants that attract mosquitoes
Pest experts point out that there are plants that naturally attract mosquitoes:
- Laurela basic ingredient in many recipes, but will attract mosquitoes, as well as flies and other insects.
- ThinkingThe mosquitoes love it: our grandmothers love it and so do the mosquitoes. It is common to have them on balconies or windows, but now you have another reason to keep them away from your home.
- LantanaMosquitoes love this plant, as do large green beetles.
Avoid them, unless you want to invite insects into your home.
Foods that attract mosquitoes
Other than beer, are there foods that attract mosquitoes?
- Foods rich in potassium: bananas, potatoes, raisins, avocados, spinach...
- Salty snacks.
- Foods high in cholesterol.
- Limburger cheese.
- Pickled vegetables.
Reduce them in your diet to be safe from these insects.
What type of light attracts mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are attracted to Infrared and ultraviolet light. Fortunately, LED lighting emits neither infrared light nor heat, which makes it less captivating to these bugs.
At what time do mosquitoes enter the house?
The favorite times for these insects are between dusk and dawn.
So try to ventilate your home during the day, not at night.
Remedies for mosquitoes
Now that you know what attracts mosquitoes, let's see what scares them away:
- Basil or alfábega.
- Anti-mosquito bottle (made of water, sugar and sprinkled yeast).
- Transparent plastic bags.
- Eucalyptus oil.
- Almond repellent.
- Catnip oil.
- Turn on a fan.
- Eucalyptus oil.
- Black pepper.
- Citronella insecticide.
These will be your allies to stand up to them.
The most practical anti-mosquito solution: mosquito nets
However, the best option is always to install mosquito nets on your windows or on your bed. This is one of the most traditional and effective remedies, as well as harmless. It is simply a matter of placing a barrier so that they can reach you. This way, you keep them away without having to kill them. You can get either roll-up mosquito nets as with fixed mosquito nets or pleated mosquito nets.
Now you know what attracts mosquitoes and with which to combat them.